As businesses expand and scale, more IT resources need to be allocated to handle the amount of traffic on your website and to keep your business up-and-running. Dedicated servers are a powerful and popular form of hosting and can offer growing businesses many benefits. But how do you tell if you need dedicated servers for your business?
When it comes to hosting, you will come across a variety of hosting plans and options such as virtual private servers (VPS), cloud servers and dedicated server hosting – each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Dedicated server hosting is a powerful and popular form of hosting. In this article we will give you a few examples of key benefits of using a dedicated server to host your infrastructure.
What is a dedicated server?
Dedicated servers are known for their high performing features in processing power and storage speed, connected to high-speed internet connections and hosted in data centers with companies such as Netrouting. Dedicated servers can be used for any number of things, some of which are the hosting of websites or database intensive applications. A good example of this could be CRM systems such as Microsoft Dynamics or SAP. The word ‘dedicated’ means that a user or business owner has the exclusive use of an entire server, or in some cases multiple.
Key benefits of using a dedicated server?
Reliability & Performance Unlike shared hosting, dedicated server hosting involves the usage of a server’s resources by one individual or a single business only. This means that users of a dedicated server don’t have to share any of its resources with other users that might degrade or limit your processing power – allowing you to enjoy the best of both worlds when it comes to hosting as the performance and reliability are not impacted by others.
Security A key benefit of a dedicated server hosting solution is security. Since the resource is not shared with other users and is for your exclusive use only – the security of your server is entirely in your hands. Controlling what happens with your server’s operating system and its applications puts you in the drivers seat. There is no need to worry about other users and their potentially outdated applications or bad code.
Static IP Address Businesses opting for a dedicated server get a static IP address. Providing a public static IP address means that you don’t need to update your records every time a lease expires or when IP addresses are rotated. You no longer need to worry about other people’s activity on the network either as you manage and control the health/reputation of your static IP address(es), which can be very important for example for mail servers.
Flexibility & Customization As your business is growing, a dedicated server can accommodate your growing business needs. Compared to other hosting options, dedicated servers give you ultimate flexibility and resilience. Dedicated server hosting enables businesses to control resources without any restrictions and can be upgraded or scaled back easily within the limits of your contract. For example at Netrouting, our dedicated servers can be customized and tailored exactly to meet your specific needs. Your environment can be fully managed remotely with administrator access and help of our industry leading control panel. Netrouting offers dedicated servers in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Stockholm, Bucharest, New York, Chicago, Miami and Hong Kong.
Determining the best requirements for your hosting needs can be challenging. Whether you’re looking at dedicated server hosting or perhaps going cloud, establishing the requirements for your business can help save you time and money.
Netrouting Dedicated Servers
We thrive in system automation and offer customers the flexibility to manage their own environment. Our control panel offers extensive features for different tasks and actions such as:
On-demand and automated re-installation of operating systems
Remote power management
IP address management (including reverse DNS and DDoS protection)
Remote Controller Access (also known as the IPMI or iDrac Controller)
Netrouting is here to help you put together the ideal dedicated server configuration for your business – Tailor-made CPU, RAM and storage designed to best host your applications and provide optimal performance. Our team of experts are committed to support you 24/7 with a 1-hour response guarantee. For more information about our dedicated server hosting options contact us today.
9, 75,000. This is the search result for “cheapest hosting”. Do you also choose a hosting provider in the same way? Having a relationship with a hosting provider is lot like online dating. In order to have a successful relationship, you cannot just go for the cheapest hosting provider or the first person you meet through the online portal. Just like dating, a successful relationship with your hosting provider starts with finding just the right provider, and having an honest relationship. How can you find the best hosting provider that’s just the right fit for your company? By keeping your standards high. And keeping the standard high doesn’t mean that you go with the most expensive hosting provider that you find. It means keeping at it and not settling for anything less. Check out some of the questions that you need to ask your hosting provider to understand whether they are the best fit for your business.
1. What kind of server reliability and uptime scores do you offer? Having a 24×7 operating web host is very important. A web host, operating on a powerful server and stable network connections is what you need and the recommended uptime score is 99.5% and uptime below 99% is unacceptable. There are many ways to obtain a web host uptime info. One way is with server monitor tools which can help you track your web hosting provider. Ask your hosting provider explicit questions with regards to server reliability and uptime scores.
2. What is your security policy? Find out what security measures are taken by the hosting provider to secure data. If you are interested in shared hosting then the hosting provider’s policies should address it and same implies to cloud hosting as well as dedicated hosting. Also, ask how often they conduct malware/virus scans? The hosting provider you choose should have proper security processes in place (SSL certificates etc.) to protect any sensitive data.
3. Do you offer a range of hosting offers? How easy it is to scale up/down? Each business have different web hosting requirements. Ask the hosting provider regarding the kinds of hosting environments they provide? Also, ask them regarding their policies in case you want to scale up or down. Go with the hosting provider who offers a range of different hosting options. By doing so, you can change hosting plans whenever your needs change and you don’t need to change hosting provider instead you can upgrade services with same hosting provider.
4. Do you provide SSL? If your website is e-commerce or stores any sensitive customer/employee data at all, you need a good SSL certificate. Make sure if they offer it, it covers all of your security bases. If not, a multitude of third-party SSL providers exist for you to turn to.
5. Do they provide Multiple Add-on Domains? Many of us own more than one domain, sometimes more than 2 or 3 domains. If you choose hosting provider which allows adding multiple domains then you can accommodate these extra domains. Hence make a domain capacity check before you purchase. Generally, hosting companies allow at least 25 add-on domains* to one account but some web host allows only one domain. So be sure about this before going for purchase.
6. What’s your downtime history? Downtime is when a website is inaccessible to users for a period of time. Ask your hosting provider how often have they faced downtime in past. The ideal answer should be never but even the best of hosting providers have experienced downtime occasionally.
7. What is your back-up policy Few hosting providers conduct backup more than once a day and few do it less often. Backups are essential to save your data. And also make sure that your databases are also being backed up not only your files. Ask your hosting provider about his backup policy.
8. What are you accountable for in terms of an outage? Even if the answer is “Yes” to this question, still you need to thoroughly inspect in order to see when the company hold itself responsible and when it does not. They may be not accountable when power outage is beyond their control. In such cases ask whether charges would be suspended.
9. How responsive is your customer service and tech support? To find out their customer service and tech support services, you can contact other customers and know about their satisfaction with quality of service. At the same time, technical support should be available 24×7 including holidays. Also ask for their average response and resolution time.
10. How many customers are on each server When you are opting for shared hosting solution, you will share server space with other websites as well. The number of websites on each server will have an effect on the speed of your site. Ask your hosting provider about the number of customers that share each server.
11. What if I am not happy? Ask whether the hosting provider offer any kind of guarantee or trial period offer. There are various kinds of satisfaction guarantee policies available and check out the satisfaction guarantee of the provider and take the call accordingly.
A right hosting provider can really help you soar in your business and help your organization stay agile. If you are on a look out for a web hosting service that will help you optimize your website’s performance, Netrouting is a great option. Netrouting is committed to fulfil the mission critical IT demands by using the best hardware and infrastructure. Redundant storage, daily backups and automated fail over is included with all its packages. Know more here!
Few more days! Can you feel the buzzing excitement already? Yes, the wait is over. WordPress is all set to release the next major version i.e, WordPress 4.5 by the second week of April 2016 (set to be released on 16th April 2016). Yes, we are excited too! We have been following the Beta Development and can’t wait to share with you the best highlights of WordPress 4.5 version. Go on, check out what you can expect from WordPress 4.5.
Inline Link Editing Till now modal window was used to edit links within content. In WordPress 4.5, there’s a new feature inline link editing. Things to be aware of inline link editing.
You no longer have the “or link to existing content” section. If you are linking to existing content on your site or an external URL, you have to do from within the same input box. You can use keywords to search for existing content or enter URL starting with http://. Once you have entered your URL or clicked on your existing content, you can use ENTER or RETURN key to return to editing your content in inline link editor. There is a blue button with an arrow that will apply your link.
Best ways to protect your eCommerce website from malware
For an eCommerce website security is the priority responsibility to take care of, so that it reduces the risk of hacking the website. As eCommerce website has sensitive information of customers like credit card, debit card details, so security plays an important role. The right way to approach and protect website from malware is selecting appropriate security. Below are the effective ways to protect your website from malware.
1) Choosing correct Web Hosting Provider Choose best web Hosting provider who ensures to protect your website from all vulnerabilities and malware. We have two options, whether to go with shared server hosting or dedicated server hosting. With shared hosting, we share a single server with many users and so there is high a high probability of hacking your website. And on the other hand is dedicated server hosting, where you have your own server and so it is more secure and so ideal for eCommerce website.
2) Maintain encrypted data using an SSL Certificate The most difficult task is to build customer trust on your online business website. Customers should trust your website and feel secured to carry out online transactions. So to build this trust the eCommerce website should be SSL certified. SSL certificate builds the secured link between server and the browser. Because of SSL certification the sensitive data of customers is encrypted. This prohibits fraudulent purchase and makes safe transaction.
3) PCI Complaint It is urged to use PCI complaint along with SSL certification on eCommerce website. Any business owner, who accepts debit or credit cards, must be obedient to all terms and conditions of PCI security standards.
4) Regular Website Monitoring Always do real time monitoring of the website to observe from where your visitors are coming and how they are interacting & navigating your website. This helps to detect fraudulent behavior of the visitors. Regular check will help to take appropriate actions and this will not affect your website traffic. Regular website scanning will keep you updated whether any malware introduced to your website using third party advertisements, graphics and contents. Website monitoring mainly strengthens security control.
5) Suspicious Activity Alerts Setup alerts for suspicious activities on your website like number of transactions coming from one single IP. Also one single customer who makes multiple orders using different credential.